Inverclyde Carers Centre is proud to announce that we are now Disability Confident Committed.
Disability Confident is creating a movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
The Disability Confident Committed certificate has been awarded to us after we were seen to be committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people.
For more information about the Disability Confident Committed scheme visit https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/